Chrissi Bombaridou holds
- a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the Department of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology of the University of Ioannina
- a Master’s degree (M Ed) in Educational Psychology from the Faculty of Education of Manchester University, UK
- From 2007 to 2010 she worked at the Institute for Greek Education Abroad and Intercultural Education, in the field of Educational Support and Education. Later, she served on secondment at the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs for two years. Since 2012 she has been working at the Institute of Educational Policy. Until September 2015 she was allocated at the Office for European & International Education Policy, with areas of duties concerning mainly issues of Special Education and Education Policy research and practices, when she was appointed as the Head of the Department of Human Recourses. Since June 2018 she has been the Head of the Department of Human Recourses and Administration Support.
- She has taught in higher education subjects like "Pedagogics with an emphasis on school practice" and "Intercultural Education" as a lecturer at the University of Patras, as well as a co-teacher during a special programme for the Academic and Professional Upgrading of Primary Education Teachers and the reformed postgraduate program at the University of Patras. She was also responsible for teaching the subjects "Special Didactics of Modern Greek as a Second or Foreign Language" and "Intercultural Education" in the special educational program "Training Teachers of the Greek Language from Developing Countries", which was implemented at the University of Patras. She has taught psychology and special education issues both at Vocational Training Institutes, Post-Lyceum Education Centres and Vocational Lyceums, and she has been involved as an adult educator in in-company training programs on the same subject. She has worked as an hour-based special education teacher at a public high school, as well as an adult educator in Greek language courses as a second or foreign language and culture for immigrants and students.
- She has been a member of the organizing committee of international conferences, seminars and scientific meetings
Publications & Projects
- Her scientific interest lies mainly in intercultural education and Greek as a second foreign language, as well as in special education, with more than twenty announcements at international conferences / scientific meetings, the majority of which have been included in the proceedings, as well as publications in a scientific journal and chapters in books.
- She has participated in a European project in the field of school leadership.