Konstantinos Stouraitis holds a
- a B.Sc. in Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics, University of Ioannina,
- an M.Sc. in Mathematics Education from the Department of Mathematics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NTUA), and
- a Ph.D. in Mathematics Education from the Department of Mathematics, NTUA
- He is a teacher, working at Greek public secondary schools since 1999.
- He is currently attached to the Institute of Educational Policy as a Consultant in the field of Mathematics
Publications & Projects
His research interests focus on
- Teachers collaboration and professional development
- Curriculum designing and curriculum enactment in the classroom of mathematics
Published research papers in journals:
- Stouraitis, K., Potari, D., Skott, J., (2017). Contradictions, dialectical oppositions and shifts in teaching mathematics. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 95(2), 203–217. DOI: 10.1007/s10649-017-9749-4.
- Stouraitis Κ. (2009). Mathematics Educations as a research field: An epistemological approach. Research in Mathematics Education (4), 9–38. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.12681/enedim.18821
Published research papers in conferences:
- Stouraitis, K., Potari, D., Skott, J. (2015) Contradictions and shifts in teaching with a new curriculum: the role of mathematics. 9th Conference of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME9). Prague, Czech Republic.
- Stouraitis, K. (2016). Decision making in the context of enacting a new curriculum: an activity-theoretical perspective. 40th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME40). Szeged, Hungary.
- Stouraitis, K. (2017). Teachers’ decisions and the transformation of teaching activity. 10th Conference of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME10). Dublin, Ireland.
He has presented research reports in several conferences of the Greek association of the researchers in mathematics education (ΕΝΕΔΙΜ) and the Hellenic Mathematical Society.
He has participated in several groups as designer of mathematics curricula for lower and upper secondary schools and as co-author of guidelines for the mathematics teachers.