The Independent Communications Office reports directly to the Board and the President of IEP and its key areas of responsibility include:
- monitoring and press clipping of content or editorial opinion concerning IEP and its contact with third parties
- organizing press conferences for issues within the scope of IEP
- increasing awareness of the general public by giving publicity to all matters concerning IEP through press releases, articles-newsletters or other media presence (hard copy or digital)
- updating the content of the website with newsletters and notices to target audiences
- monitoring all educational matters released in the media
- addressing questions by the public and the press
- cooperating with the corresponding departments of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs or other parties concerned.