Athina Nella holds
- aB.Sc. in Marketing from Department of Marketing and Communication, Athens University of Economics and Business, and a B.Sc. in Sociology from Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences,
- a M.Sc. in Services Management from Department of Business Administration, Athens University of Economics and Business (awarded with distinction),
- a Ph.D. in Tourism Marketing from Department of Business Administration, University of the Aegean (awarded with distinction and with a scholarship from State Scholarship Foundation),
- Certificates of Pedagogical and Teaching Competence, Counselling and vocational guidance.
- She is an economist and sociologist, working at public education in Greece since 2007.
- She has been working for the Institute of Educational Policy since 2014 as Counselor in the scientific fields of Economics and Business.
- In June 2016 she was appointed Coordinator of the VET Scientific Unit and since October 2018 as Head of the Office for Educational Review. Commencing her professional life with Procter & Gamble as Consumer & Market Knowledge Associate Manager, has also worked in the field of services marketing.
- Finally, she has also worked for the General Directorate of Economics, Department of Budget Planning, of the Hellenic Ministry of Education.
Publications & Projects
- She is a Tutor of Tourism Marketing at the Hellenic Open University.
- She has also taught graduate and post-graduate Marketing courses in the Universities of Patras, West Attica and Aegean, Hellenic Open University and Technological Institute of Salonica.
- She has published her work in international scientific journals, book chapters and proceedings of blind refereed scientific conferences.
- She is also an ad hoc reviewer in scientific journals and member of scientific and organizing Committees with focus on education.
- Her scientific interests lie in the areas of VET, learning outcomes, management and economics of education, services marketing, leadership, tourism, vocational guidance, consumer behaviour and sociology.