Sophia Giovanoglou holds a:
- B.A. in Law from the Law School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- B.A. in Pedagogical Studies from the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE) of Thessaloniki.
- M.A. in Equality Studies from National University of Ireland (University College Dublin).
- Ph.D. in “Institutional Problems of Social Reintegration of Ex-Offenders” from the Law School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- She is a teacher, working at Greek public secondary schools since 1991.
- She worked from 2010 to 2011 as a lecturer under the Presidential Decree nr. 407/1980 in the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- She worked as a Scientific Consultant from 2015 to 2018 at the Greek Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights (General Secretariat for Crime Policy).
- She is currently attached to the Institute of Educational Policy as a Consultant in the field of Social Sciences.
Publications & Projects
She has published:
- “Institutional Problems of Social Reintegration of Ex-Offenders” in 2006 (Sakkoulas Publications).
She has edited:
- “Juveniles as Victims, Juveniles as Offenders and Detainees” in 2010 (Nomiki Vivliothiki Publications).
- Publications of the Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights (National Printing Office) since 2016 (i.e. “Prisoner’s A-Z” in Greek, English and Albanian, “Art and Prison”, “Suicide in Prison: How Can I Prevent It?”, “We’ll meet in a dream” etc.).
Her research interests focus on:
- Criminology and Penology, Restorative Justice and restorative justice processes (mediation, family group conferences etc.), juvenile delinquency and juvenile justice systems, etc.
- She has translated in Greek the book “Overcoming life’s disappointments. Learning from Moses how to cope with frustration” by Harold S. Kushner in 2010 (“logeion” Publications).
- Her first poetry collection “Nocturnal Botany or Flora Nocturna” was published in 2016 by Gavrielides Publications.